- 1 Thanks for the welcome
- 2 Thanks for the welcome
- 3 Thanks for the Namespace info!
- 4 Classes/Memory trees pages
- 5 Extensions
- 6 Multiple/Composite namespaces
- 7 Need Help
- 8 Quests and Quest subpages
- 9 Official Discord server?
- 10 Removal of images
- 11 Wiki standards (books)
- 12 Tips on my created page (Old Sherath)
- 13 Enderal Spanish Translation
- 14 Enderal Portuguese(Brazil) translation
Thanks for the welcome
Thank you very much for the kind message! I'm in the discord server with the same name, I am glad that I can contribute to the wonderful mod Enderal is. If there is anything specific on the wiki that needs to be done, feel free to tell me. =) -BlackGuppy
Thanks for the welcome
Holomay, thanks for the welcome. This is my first time really contributing to a wiki, so I'm still learning my way around. But am really excited about Enderal and looking forward to adding what I can to the project even if it's only in wiki contributions. Are you part of the SureAI team? --J'Sylvan (talk) 14:10, 19 August 2016 (EST)
- Learning-by-doing is the best way to improve your wiki skills. Observe what other users do and try to analyze the edits made by others before after your edits. As the help section of the SureAI Wiki is still quite empty, I can now only link to Wikipedia's ...is a work in progress: perfection is not required and Be bold. :) Yes, I'm part of the SureAI/Enderal team - bard songs, editing, writing, translating ... and managing the German and English version of the SureAI Wiki. BTW can you please add a header to your post (between "==" and "==")? It helps navigating the site in the future as the headers automatically generate a table of contents (after the third header). Thanks and happy editing! --Holomay (talk) 14:51, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for the Namespace info!
As the title says, thanks a bunch for that - Didn't mean to create any hassle for ya =P Still learning all of this myself, so I'll take any piece of info from a veteran I can get. --Jemolk (talk) 18:34, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
- No problem at all! We don't have a proper help section yet, so we have to build the Wiki as we go. I'll gladly help with any problems you encounter while editing. --Holomay (talk) 14:58, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
- Say, just wondering... Would it be acceptable to create articles in the main namespace, and then move them to the Enderal namespace after they're created? I prefer not having [[Enderal: within whichever wikipage I happen to be editing - It seems less organized, and redundant somehow. If not, I'm sure I can find another way to hide the [[Enderal:... Something like <noshow>, I think I saw on another page. EDIT: Ahah! Found out the way. When linking, the format should go thusly: Enderal:Riverville|Riverville , all in double brackets, of course. Can I put this on the Namespace page? --Jemolk (talk) 16:00, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
- Namespace prefixes like "Enderal:" won't show up on the article if a Piped Link is used, which of course should be the standard on the Wiki. If you use the code [[Enderal:Wanted in Ark!]], it will be displayed as Enderal:Wanted in Ark!. If you use the code [[Enderal:Wanted in Ark!|]] (with a pipe "|" at the end), it will be displayed as Wanted in Ark! If you check the page source after you have inserted a link like [[Enderal:Wanted in Ark!|]], you will notice that the wiki software has automatically changed it to [[Enderal:Wanted in Ark!|Wanted in Ark!]], so you don't need to type the page title twice (see Automatic conversion of wikitext with the pipe trick).
- Only if you want a link with a link label which is different from the link target, you need to fill in the part to the right of the pipe yourself. Example: [[Enderal:Wanted in Ark!|the bounty quest line starting in Ark]] will be displayed as the bounty quest line starting in Ark.
- To move pages to the proper namespace after they're created can result in a lot of work - every single link to a page needs to be corrected then. Pages can be linked to from a huge number of other pages, just have a look at Pages that link to "Enderal:Quests" on our still embryonic Wiki to get an idea. :)
- Of course you can extend Help:Namespaces (btw sometimes it's good to leave out the pipe so the namespace is displayed as an additional piece of information as in this case). Any help with the help section is greatly welcomed! --Holomay (talk) 16:41, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
Classes/Memory trees pages
Yo,we need to organize those pages,i think we should make it like in a German version: delete detailed memory trees information,make links to memory trees page, and add info bout combining specializations. I ll try myself in it,so i ask bout check my progression in this sometimes and correct me if something went wrong. --Traven (talk) 18:40, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
- Sounds good and looks good so far! Creating overview pages linking to more detailed pages is a reasonable wiki structure for many aspects of a game. I think the Memory Tree pages should have sections that elaborate the perks further than the in-game texts do? There's a lot of discussion on the forum about the actual mechanics of talents and passives. --Holomay (talk) 23:09, 22 August 2016 (UTC)
- I don't think the map can be embedded, but it definitely should be featured on the wiki with links. I've asked J'Sylvan in the forum thread if two-way linking between wiki place pages and map locations is possible. --Holomay (talk) 23:23, 22 August 2016 (UTC)
Hey there! When making pages such as Templates or Categories, how should we deal with the Game namespace? Should it be Template:Enderal:Spoiler or Template:Enderal-Spoiler or Template:Enderal Spoiler, etc? - Davipb (talk) 09:40, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- First of all, thanks a lot for helping out with important wiki maintenance stuff like templates and redirects! The code of templates like Template:Needs Images can be extended so that they are displayed differently in each namespace (see Template:Breadcrumb, for example). I think we should try to minimize the number of namespace-specific templates and try to make them adaptive whenever possible.
- While it does not create errors, I think it should be avoided to include colons in template or category names as colons are used to separate namespaces from page titles and should be reserved for that purpose as much as possible. The categories still need to be fleshed out. It's fine to have different categories for an article - please have a look at the categories used on the German version of the wiki. Quest articles like Nehrim:Der Blick zu den Sternen belong to the categories Nehrim-Quests and Nehrim-Quests-Hauptquest (Hauptquest = Main Quest). It may be a good idea to have a similar category structure on the English wiki? --Holomay (talk) 15:01, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hmm, I didn't know about those conditionals, they'll sure come in handy! I'll try to make all the templates as general as possible (which means you can delete Template:Enderal:Spoiler, I'm making a general one as we speak) and I'll stick to the Category:Game-Name-Subname-Subsubname-... convention for Categories. Unfortunately I don't know any German whatsoever, so I hadn't even looked at how things were done in the German wiki. Maybe you could add the German wiki conventions to Help:Contents? That would help the wiki keep consistent between languages. Thanks a lot for the help! -- Davipb (talk) 16:37, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello Holomay :) I seem to have done something wrong with the Wikia. I don't know how, but one of my photos got saved as Example.jpg and the photo started to appear on multiple entries. Can you please delete or rename the photo? Thanks a lot and sorry for the mess ;) ~~Kassandra
- Hey, while Holomay doesn't answer, you can go to the Example.jpg page and click the "More" button at the top to move it to its proper file name. Then just go to the old Example.jpg and delete the redirect there. The file will still be there, but it will be empty, which should fix it in the meantime. Also, remember to sign your messages with ~~~~, your name and everything else will be added automatically. -- Davipb (talk) 22:43, 24 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hello! Thank you so mmuch :) I did change the the name of the file, but I did not find an option to delete the redirect. I fixed the pages but the problem still occurs, as when I put Example.jpg it's still the same photo with the Daddy. I hope Holomay can delete the photo :)
- Thank you for your help! --Kassandra (Talk)
- No problem at all - anything can be fixed, extended, deleted, improved! :) I have deleted Example.jpg. I've also renamed Daddy.jpg to File:EN-npc-Daddy.jpg. Please have a look at Help:Images, we need these naming standards as the number of files will be growing fast.
- If you add ~~~~ (or --~~~~ if you want "--" in front of the signature) instead of [[User:Kassandra|Kassandra]] ([[User talk:Kassandra|Talk]] at the end of a post, the links to your page and talk page will appear automatically after you save your edit (you can preview the effect with "show preview"), plus the time and date of your post, which is the standard for discussion threads on talk pages. Thanks and happy editing. :) Holomay (talk) 08:35, 25 August 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks :)I will try to do my best to be consistent with the naming standards that you have here- just started uploading some photos yesterday.
- I try to prepare the pages the same way they are on Nehrim Wiki (the layout, heading etc), I believe that it might encourage people to edit information. I understand that you want to have the official Wiki on SureAI page, but I see one difficulty- it's only in this 'source' mode, right?
- I'm definitely not familiar with editing in source mode, so I try to copy what you and others did and in some cases I access the source mode on Nehrim Wiki and copy here.
- I hope that wiki code and the lack of a simplified editor interface like the one on Wikia does not keep users from editing here. Basic markup like linking or formatting can be learned by looking at the code of different pages and copying parts of it to other pages. If there are any problems, other users can help out by cleaning up a page after an edit that has incorrect or incomplete wiki markup. We still have to find a consensus on how certain pages should be designed, so I think it's better to wait until we have discussed these topics before preparing a lot of pages similar to Nehrim Wiki. Davipb is doing a wonderful job creating templates, so it will be easy for all users to expand the Wiki and edit articles. I have created a Community Portal page (it's linked in the sidebar above Recent Changes) for discussions and decisions about the basic structure and design of the Wiki.
- I'm not sure what exactly you'd like to adopt from nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Places? It's a list with links, similar to Enderal:Places. Would you like to divide the list across three columns like on Nehrim Wiki or are you thinking of something else? --Holomay (talk) 13:12, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
Quests and Quest subpages
Holomay, I changed a bit about quests. It was a bit confusing that we had 2 pages about the same :) I mean Quests (people added something to quests) and Side Quest/Main Quests. I saw people choosing to edit either Main Quest/Side Quest or Quest page, which lead to a situation where we had on Wiki some quests on Main Quest, but not on Quest site. I edited some pages, copied the links and left linked only 2 pages: Main Quest and Side Quest (it's done the same way on Nehrim Wiki, I checked). So here Quests look like this: http://en.wiki.sureai.net/Main_Page#The_World_of_Vyn
And I see no use for the page with Quests. If it's ok for you, I'd like you to delete the page so people won't get confused which page to edit :) http://en.wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:Quests
Thanks ;) 11:06, 26 August 2016 (UTC)~Kassandra
- Hey, instead of completely deleting Enderal:Quests, why don't we just make it a general page that links to other, more specialized pages? That's the way Skyrim's wiki does it, and I think it works better than having to link to every specialized quest page or having to "nest" pages (like how you put Enderal:Bounty Quests inside Enderal:Side Quests) -- Davipb (talk) 20:30, 26 August 2016 (UTC)
- Update: I've done just that. You can see that now Enderal:Quests has a nice list linking to the proper quest pages. I've also re-linked it from the Main Page. This should eliminate the ambiguity of where to edit when adding new quests while maintaining a centralized page for Enderal Quests. Let me know what you think! (P.S.: Sorry for spamming your talk page, Holomay) -- Davipb (talk) 13:07, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
- Ok thanks a lot ;) It's much more organized now. Istead of spamming our talk pages, how about moving the discussion here?
- I do have some questions and suggestions concerning other pages, but I don't know what your view on the changes are :)
- And I have a problem with taking screenshots ingame, when I use the console command tm.... I can't undo it. The game is loke 'frozen' and I'm unable to continue playing. Kassandra (talk) 13:20, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
- Kassandra, I've PM'd you about the
tmproblem in the meantime, and now I've added a note anbout it to Help:Images. Thank you for creating the Enderal Wiki- join us! thread on the forum! It's a good place to help new users with their first steps and guide them toward the Wiki. Also, it's a good place for our wiki community to exchange initial ideas or quickly answer questions. However, any further in-depth discussion about wiki contents should take place on the Community Portal or an individual article's discussion page.
- No problem about "spammng" my talk page, that's what talk pages are for. :) Also, user pages can be a starting point for discussion that are moved to other places after the first exchange of thoughts.
- What are the questions and suggestions concerning other pages you mentioned? --Holomay (talk) 08:24, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
- Kassandra, I've PM'd you about the
Official Discord server?
Discord is a free text and voice chat program made to replace TeamSpeak and Skype, and it's tailor-made for gaming. Making a server in it is completely free, you don't need to host it at all, all you do is create it in Discord's own servers. Lots of communities already have their own servers, including Nexus Mods and some Subreddits like /r/Games, so it would be interesting to have an Official Discord server for SureAI games, as we'd have a centralized chat place for discussing games like Enderal, and it would also be a better way to talk about Wiki stuff (after all, Wikis aren't really made for conversations). -- Davipb (talk) 13:57, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for the suggestion. I think it's a good idea as an additional way of communication. However, it can't replace discussion pages as they also serve as a reference and archive for discussions and decisions. uesp.net, for example, have their own irc channel, but their talk pages and archives are huge and full of helpful information for new as well as veteran users. Discord could be used for quick help and initial discussions, but the substance of all ideas, discussions and decisions should be documented and accessible for all Wiki users on personal talk pages, the Community Portal, or on the discussion pages of individual articles. --Holomay (talk) 07:46, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
Removal of images
I don goofed and uploaded images without proper image name formatting. I've corrected the file names already but Davipb told me that the old files still "exist". Here's the list, could you delete them? http://pastebin.com/Q70Qb64s Rumpel (talk) 17:42, 30 August 2016 (UTC)
- Specialclasss.jpg, Housemarketplace.jpg, Housenobles.jpg, Ironfords lute.jpg, Locationhint.jpg, Library.jpg, Meogar.jpg, Note2.jpg, Moron.jpg, Whirlwind.jpg, Fredajp.jpg, Mysticalpotion.jpg, Marketstand.jpg
- Thank you! I'll check if there are still links to the redirects and then delete them. --Holomay (talk) 08:17, 10 September 2016 (UTC)
Wiki standards (books)
ok, let me know how I can help. I am using list for here: https://www.reddit.com/r/enderal/comments/4xyq3l/spoilers_enderal_loot_guide_compiled_by_fireundubh/
There are Skyrim books included, but these books are in the game! I have no good of telling offhand which is which (but won't add the obvious onces).
I moved all existing books to the 'Enderal:' name space.
Can you help me setup a template and standards for adding (and fixing existing) books? A lot of people like to read books out of game, so think it would be a good feature for wiki if they can read them here. --Dimecoin (talk) 17:42, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
- The Enderal Loot Guide (compiled by fireundubh) is a great source of data, but it needs to be used with caution. All the data is extracted from the master file, but it does not mean that you can actually find all items in-game. Unfortunately, the Enderal game data still contains all Skyrim books. However, they are either not placed in the world at all, or they are placed in test cells or cells that were abandoned during development. These cells can't be entered in the game and thus the items in these cells can't be obtained. Even if a book is listed as being placed in "Dal Geyss' Estate", for example, it is placed in a part of the cell that its level designer had discarded and that has no doors to the actual game world or to other cells anymore.
- There might be very few Skyrim books left in the actual game world. If you should find one, please report it in the Bug Tracker, and it will be either removed or replaced by a proper Enderal book.
- Therefore, documentation of Skyrim books in the Enderal Wiki is unnecessary. Their texts are not related to the lore of Enderal/Vyn at all, and for anyone intereseted in Skyrim/Tamriel lore, all the books are thoroughly documented on uesp.net.
- There are more than 200 proper Enderal books, notes and letters that need to be included in our wiki. It would be great if you could help with that. I've set up a rough list of all the books here. I only had access to the German master file when I exported the list from the Creation Kit, but I will update the table with the English names of the books soon. Meanwhile, you can verify the Form IDs: If you can't find the form ID of a book in the table, it is not an Enderal book.
- Regarding your request for help with the template and the stardards for book pages on our wiki, I will start a discussion on our Community Portal about it.
- BTW, please remember to sign your messages with ~~~~, it will add your name, the time and date automatically if you do so.
- I hope you have the information you need to proceed. Always go ahead and ask if you have any further questions. Looking forward to your future contributions to the wiki! :) Holomay (talk) 08:54, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
Tips on my created page (Old Sherath)
- Hey GeneralCheesecake, thank you, looks great for your first wiki edit ever! :) The page is in the right namespace, as well as the links you've created (see Help:Namespaces). A standard layout for place pages has not yet been decided on, so the page - like most pages on a wiki - will probably be modified a lot in the future. However, you have provided a lot of important information and created a solid foundation for this article. Also, you've added nice screenshots. I've renamed OldSherath1.jpg and OldSherath2.jpg to EN-place-Old Sherath.jpg and EN-place-Old Sherath 02.jpg, please read Help:Images to learn more about naming conventions. EN-place-Old Sherath 02.jpg contains UI elements - it should be replaced by a UI free version like EN-place-Old Sherath.jpg. Just continue editing, I am looking to your future contributions. General tips I can give you: Watch the Recent Changes regularly, check the history of pages ("View History" tab on the top), examine the individual edits and their effects by clicking "diff" (on Recent Changes) or "prev" (in the page history). This is a diff view of the edit I've just made on the Old Sherath page. If you have any further questions, please go ahead and ask! :) Holomay (talk) 08:21, 16 September 2016 (UTC)
Enderal Spanish Translation
I'm new here and don't really know how things work. I'm planing to translate Enderal into Castilian Spanish this summer,but I have some questions for the developpers. Are they any 'tips' in translating the mod such as: Should I change NPCs name/surnames if they are word combinations? What about songs? Or do I just make whatever I see fit? -Kiku
Enderal Portuguese(Brazil) translation
Hello everyone! I'm new here and interested in translating Enderal to Portuguese, but i'm I'm still learning how to use the tools to do so. Would be really helpfull if you have any tips. Thanks for your time. --Hidekimaneiro 22:44, 13 July 2017 (UTC)