Enderal:Every Day Like the Last, Part I
|| Every Day Like the Last, Part I |
|Quest Giver:||Jespar Dal'Varek|
|Location(s):||Ark, The Dancing Nomad|
|Prerequisite Quest:||The First Steps|
|Next Quest:||Every Day Like the Last, Part II|
- After the mercenary Jespar Dal'Varek "delivered" me safe and sound to the Nehrimese mage Constantine Firespark, he invited me to meet him in the Dancing Nomad for a good time. A good opportunity to get to know him better.
- After quest end
- Over a beer, stew and good music Jespar and I spent an evening in the Dancing Nomad. While I spoke about my hourney to Enderal he told me about his philosophy amongst other things: "Life is what you make it"
- If quest fails
- I decided to decline Jespar Dal'Varek's invitation. What could have been a friendship now probably won't become more than an acquaintanceship.
Jespar will give you this quest after the meeting with Constantine Firespark in The First Steps concludes. The The Dancing Nomad in is located in Ark, Foreign Quarters. You can fast travel to the Foreign Quarters by using the signposts in Ark. The exact location of the inn will be marked by a quest marker.
Speak with Jespar
Jespar will be sitting at one of the tables in the inn's main hall, the one with the inkeeper. Your newly-met companion will be chatting with a woman about her "offer". Jespar will have the order ready for you, some stew and beer for the two of you. For the conversation to take place you need to follow Jespar's request and sit down at the table, facing Jespar. As soon as you take your seat, the conversation will be started.
You'll find out that Jespar is contemplating abandoning Enderal for Kilé and plans to board one of the last ships scheduled out that way. The vessel is due to leave the very next morning. This is your chance to change his mind and grow the friendship (or possible romance). There are a grand total of three opportunities within the conversation to raise Jespar's affection toward the Prophet. You also have the opportunity to tell Jespar whether you prefer men, women, or both.
Your attitude towards Jespar's viewpoints is of great importance as it influences your relationship with the companion. During this informal meeting, Jespar will mercilessly undermine the notion of "heroism" and declare himself a veritable pleasure-seeker, quoting the Wise Hermit's words: "seek bliss, avoid pain".
Generally, agreeing with your companions results in gaining some approval points. The following answers will lead to Jespar's approval:
- Very convincing. (+5)
- There's sense in that, I'll admit. (+5)
- I don't know, but to me, seeing the world like that sounds kind of... empty.(-5)
- Couldn't agree more. (+10)
- For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind if you stayed. This city needs more good-looking mercenaries.(+5) (flirt)
- This quest will fail if not completed before Part of Something Momentous, Part III. It is recommended to complete this quest right after Jespar gives it to you.
- Despite being marked with a difficulty, this quest has no combat nor puzzle elements.
- The quest log will display the same text regardless of whether the quest failed or was completed properly.
- This bug will be fixed in the next patch.