Enderal:Black Light, Part II
|| Black Light, Part II |
|Quest Giver:||Lexil Merrâyil|
|Prerequisite Quest:||Black Light, Part I|
|Next Quest:||Black Light, Part III|
- Talk with Lexil
- Locate Yuslan Sha'Rim
- Reach the lower quarters with Tealor Arantheal
- Rid the Harbor from the Nehrimnese [sic]
- Follow Tealor Arantheal in the city wall
- Repair the left gate crank
- Activate the gate mechanism together with Tealor Arantheal
- Ensure Patrolman Harlejans' retreat
- Teleport back to the Sun Temple
- Follow Tealor Arantheal to the Beacon
- We managed to "load" the Beacon with the energy of the Black Stones but the moment we put in the last Stone something weird happened: Something prevents us arcanists from casting magic. The timing couldn't be worse: According to the Archmagister, Yuslan Sha'Rim is currently trying to seal the city gates to hinder the Nehrimese from raiding the city. I am supposed to meet him immediately.
- After meeting Yuslan
- Ark is attacked! Somehow the Nehrimese managed to get their ships past the outposts unnoticed - now they are raiding the city. According to Arantheal our only chance is to reconquer the entrance to the harbor as fast as possible and to seal the gate magically. By doing so we can stop the advance of Coarek's armies into the city.
- After you seal the Harbor gate
- We succeeded - despite the many casualties Arantheal, a troop of guardsman and I managed to seal the harbor gate. There was another confrontation with Taranor Coarek and he tried once more to convince us to stop building the beacon and to let the Cleansing happen. Arantheal refused whereupon Coarek announced a radical change of course: He wants to make an example of his prisoners till this evening and from now on kill every sighted Endralean.
- After the quest is completed
- We succeeded - despite the many casualties Arantheal, a troop of guardsman and I managed to seal the harbor gate. There was another confrontation with Taranor Coarek and he tried once more to convince us to stop building the beacon and to let the Cleansing happen. Arantheal refused whereupon Coarek announced a radical change of course: He wants to make an example of his prisoners till this evening and from now on kill every sighted Endralean. Now we also know how the Nehrimese managed to get near the city unnoticed: Signet Leader Jorek Bartarr betrayed the Order. Arantheal was beside himself.
This quest will begin automatically after the end of Black Light, Part I. After the Archmagister inserts all Black Stones on the Beacon, he will realize that he can no longer cast any magic. He ushers you to find Yuslan Sha'Rim as quickly as possible, because if he is not able to cast magic either, the Nehrimese will be able to walk into Ark through the unprotected gates.
Follow the quest marker to the Nobles Quarter and you'll find Yuslan, explaining to Commander Leora Eren that he can't put up the barricade until the magic blockade is removed. Grandmaster Tealor Arantheal shows up just in time to protect you from a magical air strike, at which point it becomes clear that the Nehrimese have invaded Ark, using an invisibility spell and a magical blockade to disguise their maritime fleet until now. Tealor will give out commands to his men and tell you to follow him to the South District, to stop the invasion.
Follow Arantheal, making your way through Nehrimese infiltrators, and you'll arrive at the South Quarter's Harbor Gate. There, you'll join up with a few guardsmen and charge into the harbor, where you'll have to defeat Commander Silvas and his men near the gate. The gate, however, still can't be closed, because the mechanism is jammed.
Follow Arantheal once again and you'll end up at the gatehouse. He will tell you to open the left gate mechanism, while he opens the right one. On your way to the mechanism you'll experience a vision, from what seems to be a familiar scene: A battle inside a city being invaded. Make your way through the Nehrimese infiltrators until you reach the mechanism, but be careful: There is an cloaked Nehrimese Assassin waiting for you there.
Activate the mechanism and return to the gates. You'll see the guardsmen being ordered to retreat, but just as they reach the gates, a magical barrier is erected, blocking their path. They plead to the Grandmaster, but he rushes to the gate controls and closes the gate on top of the barrier, further sealing their fate. Samael, Taranor's bodyguard, kills them effortlessly.
Taranor will appear and taunt Tealor and Yuslan through the blocked gate, as he announces that every prisoner shall be crucified, and every Endralean, military or civilian, is to be killed on sight. He will have a short discussion with you about his ideas of religiosity as the factor stopping the High Ones from bringing humanity to a higher level, and then he will leave. Tealor will teleport to the Sun Temple and give you a scroll so that you may do the same.
Teleport to the Sun Temple and you'll discover that Signet Leader Jorek Bartarr has betrayed The Order, giving away the location of scouting posts so that the Nehrimese could arrive in Ark undetected. After dealing with the situation, Tealor will ask you to meet him at the Beacon, where Archmagister Lexil Merrâyil will explain that the Beacon cannot be activated without a Numinos, otherwise it will simply result in a big, devastating explosion.
The Grandmaster and the Archmagister will suggest that you rest, this quest will end, and Black Light, Part III will begin.