Enderal:The Voice from the Water
|| The Voice from the Water |
|Quest Giver:||Mayor Jugar Featherwall or Soltis Mongerson|
|Location(s):||Riverville,Mayor Jugar's House, Pentas' House, Glimmerdustcave|
|Rewards:||70 Pennies (Optional), Amulet (Optional), 440 EP|
- Witness the "fit"
- Search for hints near Pentas' House
- Examine the exterior of the fisherman's house for further hints
- Pursue the clue of the woman
- Convict Meldor Featherwall
- Return to Jugar Featherwall
- Apparently something bad happened to the wife of Riverville's mayor. I should take a look to see if I can help.
- After witnessing the fit
- The wife of the mayor from Riverville came down with a strange fever which might even kill her. As I was listening to her turbid words I received a vision and an unfamiliar woman spoke about a man called "Pentas" who is a fisherman at the Suncoast. I should search for him.
- After examining Pentas' house
- The wife of the mayor from Riverville came down with a strange fever which might even kill her. In the house, to which a vision led me, I met a strange woman which appeared as if she wanted to help me. The house itself was devastated as if a fight had erupted there when I touched some of the furniture there I received more visions I learned three things: Mathilda and Meldor Featherwall had an affair and the fisherman Pentas saw them together coincidentally. This resulted in a confrontation of a mercenary, a city guard and Pentas which ended deadly for the fisherman. Also, it seems that Pentas' wife was pregnant.
- After taking the orders from Glimmerdust Cave
- Pentas observed the affair of Meldor and Mathilda, and Meldor hired mercenary who killed Pentas. Thereafter his wife drowned herself in the sea and showed me these "visions" so I could clear up the murder. Maybe she even punished Mathilda with her sickness. I should apprehend Meldor.
- After talking with Meldor
- (See Bugs) Pentas observed the affair of Meldor and Mathilda, and Meldor hired a mercenary who killed Pentas. Thereafter his wife drowned herself in the sea and showed me these "visions" so I could clear up the murder. Maybe she even punished Mathilda with her sickness. When I wanted to aprehend Meldor the drowned woman appeared behind us and killed him.
You can start the quest either by talking to a City Guard (such as Soltis Mongerson, who is standing in the Marketplace next to the noticeboard) and asking for available jobs or by going directly to Mayor himself. If you begin the quest by asking a guard, an extra objective directing you to the Mayor Jugar will appear.
Go to Mayor's House
Either way, go to Mayor Jugar's House in Riverville and ask the Mayor about his sick wife. When he asks you how he should trust a stranger, tell him you know a thing or two about magic, and he'll bring you upstairs to see his wife. After sitting down and talking, you be able to see one of those "fits". You'll have a vision telling you of a fisherman named Pentas, which will prompt you to search his house.
Arrive at Pentas' house
Find the clue. As you arrive on Pentas' House, you'll notice a woman in black kneeling by the door. As you approach her, she'll walk over to some boxes and disappear. Go to where she was to find the key to Pentas' House. Inside the house you'll learn the full story after having some visions. Leave the house and that same woman who gave you the key will walk and point towards a direction.
Find the Glimmerdust Cave
Follow the quest marker and you should arrive at Glimmerdustcave. Don't go inside the cave, as the quest item (the orders) is outside the cave. Take the orders from there and the Mercenary will appear and attack you. Follow the quest marker to find Meldor near the shoreline. Any action you take here will lead to the same outcome, but if you blackmail him you can get 70 Pennies and, if you have enough Rhetoric, an Amulet. After you're done talking, the woman will appear from the sea and explode Meldor into a mess of blood and bones.
Return to Mayor's House
Return to Jugar. Jugar will tell you that his wife's illness mysteriously resolved. You can choose to lie to him about the events or tell him the truth about the betrayal. He will then give you the key to a strongbox downstairs which contains several quest rewards including a skillbook, a ring, pennies, and other items.
- The quest's journal entry will be updated to tell about Meldor's death before it even happens, right after the woman points towards Glimmerdust Cave.
- Due to unknown circumstances, Jugar may refuse to complete the quest, despite saying all the appropriate dialogue.
- This bug was fixed in the 188.8.131.52 patch.